The simplest thing in the world is to get your drains clogged. Well, it has to be considering how often everyone faces this domestic issue. Though everyone knows how to prevent it from happening but for some reason we fail, repeatedly. Once it has happened, the only way forward is to get it cleaned.
There are several ways of clearing your clogged drains ranging from “do it yourself” ideas to some more professional ones. You should always opt for an eco-friendly way irrespective of whether you chose to do it yourself or are calling in professionals. There are many unclog drain in Toronto services that offer harmless solutions to drainage problems.
DIY Eco-Friendly Drain Clearing Methods
- Snaking with a Hanger Wire: This method is as old as drainage system itself. It is so old that someday, archaeologists might find rock paintings depicting women folk clearing drains with straightened hanger wires. Fine! It may not be that old but it certainly is a tried and tested way. Its effectiveness is limited though as the wire does not reach in deep to clear all debris.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar: These two, when poured in with hot water react and wash away all the sticky, grimy particles attached to the inner wall of the pipes. The loud crackling noises resulting from the reaction will keep you entertained, if you are into such things!
- Caustic Soda: sodium hydroxide or caustic soda is a wonder chemical that reacts with water and is capable of dissolving nugget blocks clogging your drain. To make sure it is doing its magic inside, pay attention to the “fizz” it would exude.
- Boiling Water: Boiling water alone is also a potent way of clearing mild blockages and it causes zero damage to the environment. In fact, boiling water should be poured in drains every three days as a preventive measure.
- Pressure and vacuum: Plunging is another nature friendly way of de-clogging your drain without the use of any harsh elements. Those archaeological finds may have markings of this too!
Professional Eco-friendly Method
Check with your plumber if they are using bacterial enzymes based solution to clean drain clogs. These are formulated to eat away at all the debris. The enzymes stay in your drainage system long after you have paid the bill for the cleaning service. This will prevent further development of any sort of clogging.
Use these methods to keep your drains and conscience clear at all times!
Frank Spark lets you know some effective and eco-friendly methods do deal with your clogged drain. At the same time, he also suggests availing services of the unclog drain in Toronto for a satisfying experience.